Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Reminiscing: Donkey Kong Country

While playing the new Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze I began to feel like this is exactly what Donkey Kong is (granted that I really did like Donkey Kong 64).  So I began to think of the past again from when I used to play the original Donkey Kong Country.
I remember how awesome of a game this was.  Back then the graphics were so awesome.  When weather would change from a bright sunny day so a snow storm was unbelievable.  Also there is nothing like the music that was in this game.  The soundtrack was just amazing, you can't really beat that (even the remixes don't do justice).
Once again when this came out I was very young, only seven years old.  Unlike Mario Bros. (when I was only two), my gaming skills have increased quite a bit here.  I was able to jump and run around like a boss (none of "the game is cheating" here).  Every now and then there would be secret rooms that would turn up and you had to collect banana's in there, of course after collecting the banana's I accidentally fall down and am unable to collect the prize (which has actually happened while play Tropical Freeze a couple of times).
For some reason, even though I have a fond memory of the game, I don't remember much of it.  I do know that I was able to defeat the final boss, lots of barrel jumping there.
Playing with my brothers was always the best too.  Except I would always get ahead and cause problems.  I miss those days.
It's awesome that they brought those memories back with this new game.  I am very appreciative of it.  Also in my opinion I think Tropical Freeze is more difficult, but easy to get lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment