Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Reminiscing: Super Mario Bros

This morning I was remembering the good ole days and this led me to thinking, "why don't I talk about the days when I was a kid and the games I used to play".
The very first game that I remember ever playing was Super Mario Bros for the NES.  Now this game was released a couple of years before my birth, but that does not mean anything really.  What I remember was that this game was part of a trio of games.  It had Track and Field and Duck Hunt on the same cartridge, both good games.
From what I have heard, my remembering and what I actually did were two totally different things.  You see I always thought I was awesome at this game, but how good could a year old (or two) really be at games.  The only thing that I remember was each time I died, whether it be from falling, or from running into a goomba (because I didn't jump) I would always say that the game was cheating.  Don't ask where I learned that vocabulary at that age, I just always though the game was cheating.
Now that I think about it I don't think I ever made it passed the first level until I was older.  Then I got Super Mario Deluxe for the Gameboy Color and finally beat the game.  Still to this day if things don't go my way in some of the games that I play I think that they are cheating.  Who is they?  I have not clue, just that they are cheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment