Sunday, December 8, 2013

Rayman Legends Impressions

The first day I played this I played until I was able to rescue 100 of the Teensies.  It is a good thing that there is something else to do in the game than to just run and get as many points possible in the level.  If it weren't for them this may have been a short lived game.
I don't really understand the story of this game.  I guess it has been a century since Origins took place (all the while they were sleeping).  During this time the nightmares grew worse and the Magician split into 5 Dark Teensies.  So then you must jump into paintings and take on each level.
Most of the levels in this game are beyond awesome.  Sometimes I would just want to stop and look at the levels, but would often times die if I did so.  This game (for a side scroller) looks really good.
Sometimes when I play this game I get out of control when I am running.  When running (which is done often) and you change directions you are suddenly flung in the other direction.  The last stage of each level is a music themed one.  So far I have only played three of these and the second one was the most most difficult for me (it had less visual cues that the other ones).  You are able to guess when you should jump and hit based on the beat, but sometimes it is a different beat than what you are used to so it take a while to get used to it.
There is one thing that I like, but kind of don't like.  The Murphy levels.  I think the only reason I don't like these levels is because I have to hold the Wii U gamepad with one hand and tap away with the other.  Pretty poor excuse I know, but that is the only thing that I don't like about it.
Another good thing about this game (even though I must clearly suck at it) are the challenges.  You can take on other people from around the world to win trophies.  How people are able to finish a challenge in below thirty seconds is beyond me, but people are able to do it.
Over all I would have to say that I am glad that I finally got this game.  At first this was going to be a day one purchase, but then they made it a multiplatform release (just so they would get more money) and I decided to wait on getting it.  Then I got it on sale, and am enjoying it quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment