Thursday, December 26, 2013

Super Mario 3D World

Oh man can you believe it that Bowser is at it again.  What is it that he is up to this time?  While exploring the Mushroom Kingdom Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toadstool come across a mysterious clear pipe that is clear (and broken).  So what is a plumber to do but to fix a pipe.  So Luigi and Mario fixed it up and out popped a strange thing never seen before (a Sprixie) and told them that Bowser is capturing all of the other Sprixie in the Sprixie Kingdom.
If you remember this game you will know exactly how each character plays in this game, plus the one secret character in the game (which I have not even gotten yet).  Mario is the all around character, Luigi jumps higher (just like in New Super Luigi U), Peach can float for a short distance, and Toadstool and run fast.  With their special differences, they also lose some other things.  For instance Luigi has slippery feet, Peach is slow, and Toadstool can't jump very well.
Of course with any Mario game you get a lot of the familiar power ups, plus some new ones.  For the return items we have; the Star, Mega Mushroom, Mushroom, Fire Flower, Boomerang Flower, Super Leaf, Invincible Super Leaf (For when you die a lot in a level), and a Propeller Box.  The new items are the Cat Suit, which you could guess puts you in a cat suit.  As a cat you are able to climb up walls a certain distance, do a melee type attack and to a kind of flying attack.  There is also a Cannon Box (which the you are able to shoot cannons).  And there is the Double Cherry, with this you are able to multiply yourself up to five times.  There is a skate that I jumped into once called Kuribo's Skate (for the ice levels).  There is also a Lucky Bell, and a Goomba Suit.  These two I don't really know much about since I haven't ran into these yet.
Of course if you are reading this most likely you probably know most of this already, some maybe not.  Currently I am only on the fourth world of the game.  Up until the third it seemed pretty easy, even though I couldn't find any of the secret exits.  In each stage there are three stars to collect, some are easy to find and some are hidden well.  I am missing a few stars that I will have to go back and get.  Also in each stage is a hidden stamp that you can then use in the Mii Verse (only when using that game) while posting.  When I was seeing posts I thought it was awesome how well some people could draw, then I realized that most of them were using stamps.
The overworld is different compared to other Mario games, where you can walk around the whole map, rather than on the line that the levels are on.  True you can only complete one level at a time (with except of the split level option), but this makes traveling a lot better, and refreshing.
So far I have only played multiplayer with one other person.  Just adding one person makes it kind of easier, and kind of more difficult at the same time.  It makes it easier since you have two people to take on the world, but it makes it harder because both of you could be fighting each other.  I bet when it comes to four people (like when playing New Super Mario Bros U) would become an insane competition between you and your friends.
I like how different each Mario game seems to be.  The formula never gets old, and there is always something new to experience in each game.  My Brother is such an idiot, since he hates cats he wont play this game.  This is a must play game whether you like Mario or not.  The only thing that I was thinking would be in the game but is not; is the triple jump.  I think it would have been completely perfect if that was included in the gameplay.  This is a great game and everyone who is anyone should get this game.  If you don't have a Wii U either get one or find someone who does and play this game.
I don't know why I am including this, but hey it is related in some way I would think.  Nyan Mario

No comments:

Post a Comment