Friday, December 6, 2013

Tomb Raider Impressions

Why did I wait so long to get this game.  This game is totally worth the full $59.99.  I have been playing it nearly nonstop, I didn't even want to put it down to write this.
It is probably a good thing that I went into this game with clear eyes by not having really played a previous Tomb Raider game.  This is a reboot and when it comes to reboots there are a lot of fans that complain about the changes.  I think what they did in this was just fantastic.  Since I am a fan of the Uncharted series this game fit right in.
When I started this game up I felt like I was Lara Croft.  When the ship is sinking and she is trying to jump to grasp a hand to be saved you feel yourself wishing for her to make it.  Every scene that is climatic made my heart race and hoped that everything would be alright.  When you are under ground and everything is falling down around you I started to panic myself just as Lara was.  One false step and you are done for.  Every once in a while you will be put into an action sequence where you have to wriggle the left thumb stick and most likely push the triangle button in order to make it through.  If not you will die (I have died plenty of times already).
This game looks amazing (pic of from phone), it is probably not the most pretty game out this, but it still looks awesome.  I wish it would stop having so much weather so I could just stop and look at the scenery and just take it all in.  The audio is very nice too.  Rain sounds like rain, and where it is windy it sounds like you are right there in the middle of a wind storm or tornado.  When at a camp and going through the menus it sounds cool like a flame is being moved around through wind.
I haven't tried multiplayer yet (heard it was not great), but I might try it once I beat the game.
This game is different and innovative.  Yes there is a lot of gore, but it works.  If the gore was not there you would not feel like your own life could be in danger.  I am very glad that I got this game and I will be playing this for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment