Sunday, December 15, 2013

What I Think of Puppeteer So Far

So I started up Puppeteer yesterday.  I made it through the first chapter and so far it is good.  I really wish I could understand what was going on in the game since there is a lot of dialog in some spot and during these times my fiance would be talking, so I missed out on that.
You are a puppet who has been recently revived and are asked if you are going to be friends with Little Bear.  You say yes, but he does not believe you and bites your head off and throws you in the dungeon.  You then are sent to find the magical scissor Calibrus.  After obtained the scissors the scissors refuse the Witch and sees Kutaro as its only master.  So it is up to Kutaro to save the Moon Realm.  This is the plot all summed up on what is going on in the game.
So how do you play this game if you don't have a head?  You get heads, that's how.  In each level there are areas that use a specific head, it is up to you to go through with the right head and find out those secrets.  Some times those secrets help you out, or you find a secret level.  Unfortunately you can only hold up to three heads at a time.  So when you are going through a level for the first time it is mere luck if you have the right heads to make the level easier or not.
I guess this game has the ability to have motion controls, but since I don't have those I just use the regular controller.  This game actually feels very well built.  The controls work and it doesn't feel like you would mess up based on missing a button or something like that (until you get to some of the QT events).
You are controlling a character in a puppet theater (which is a very cool concept).  I have never been to a puppet theater, but playing this game makes me have a very good idea of what it would be like (plus I have seen some in films).  The switching of scenes (which would probably take way longer in real life) is cool, as props are dropped out and other ones are brought in.
I am pretty happy with this game so far and look forward to playing the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment