Friday, November 1, 2013

Hofta, Working Out in Wii Fit U

Even though I don't see myself as being out of shape, after forty minutes of working out (some of the balance games and the dancing work outs) I realized I must be out of shape.

First up on today's agenda is to test out the new ones to this version.  So the first thing I did was went into Select Exercise and went down to Balance Games.  I scrolled to the right and found Hosedown and picked that one.  It took only a few seconds to figure out what to do and I was a hosing machine.  You just aim with the game pad and push pressure onto the balance board, the more pressure the more water comes out.



Next one up was Dessert Course.  This one I actually played two times because the first time I just did so bad at it.  It took me too long to get the groove down and be able to get from one place to another.  I thought that you needed to tilt pad in order to turn (which caused a lot of disasters), but it turned out you just need to turn the pad in you hands to change direction.  And then I came to the dessert that was a sphere shape and both times I dropped it to the customer.  After that you then get multiples of items on your plate.  Right here was the furthest I made it on the first play through.  Eventually you get two cake rolls, which I though was hard, until the last plate.

Next up I did Core Luge.  I was pretty sure that I was not going to be able to make it all the way through.  I just about put my hands behind me, but I resisted the urge and made it all the way to the bottom, but not before hitting the walls a few times.  I am actually going to do this one once more after I am done writing this just to feel the burn again.  To play was easy.  You just sit on the balance board and lean as far back as you can to go fast.  You then lift up on one side to turn the other way.


Then I did Scuba Search (no that is not a photo from the game).  All you have to do is walk on the balance board and turn around.  The game pad is your eyes and as you turn, it turns too.  There is not straightening the view out.  So if you turn all the way around, then you better be standing facing away from your TV.  You swim around collecting items.  I found a coin and some turtles and fish on my play through, then I accidentally swam under the boat and ended the game.

Then I did some Climbing.  So the goal here is to make it from the bottom to the top in a short amount of time.  It took me over four minutes to do because it felt just a little odd to me, but I got used to it about half way up.  You must be able to move one arm and not let the other one tire out.  I don't know what happens if you arm becomes too tired because it did not happen to me, but I would assume you would fall down and probably be severely injured or even die.


I am not going to go into a lengthy discussion about Dance.  All I can say is that I tried all of them and found out that I have no rhythm at all.  I also noticed that it wasn't picking up all of my flicking of the wii remotes and some of my stepping was off.  Not sure what was up with that.



After playing these games and starting the trial I think I am for surely going to get the Wii Fit Meter.  Sure I live a very sentient life style (I am a substitute teacher for Pete's sake) so I probably wont be moving around too much, but at least this will be able to track a lot and put it into the game for me to track what I am doing.  And it is only $19.99, who can beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment