Thursday, November 21, 2013

Minish Cap Journal Entry 1

Hello to anyone who may find this some time in the future.  My name is Link and I live in a place called Hyrule.  Today started out as just an ordinary day, but that was not going to last.

Day 1:
Morning:
This morning princess Zelda came to my house.  She asked if I would go to the Picori Festival with her.  Master Smith said it was alright, as long as I would deliver the sword.  So I only did the most sensible thing and grabbed the sword and ran to the festival with Zelda.
On the way to town we played a game of tag, except I only tagged her and she never tagged me back.  A couple of hours went by in the festival and Zelda and I had a great time.  She of course wasn't being patient and kept running off.  Zelda also one a tiny shield and she gave it to me as a present.

Afternoon:
It was beginning to get late and it was about time that we brought to sword to Potho so it could be given away to this years champion.  When we left the town we were attacked by a business scrub, I pulled my shield out and bounced one of his nuts right back in his face.  After that he fled and left us alone.
When we reached the castle Potho was waiting right outside the cast for the sword.  I gave him it and he asked for me to stay and watch the ceremony.

Evening:
The ceremony began.  Out came a few guards, the king and Zelda.  The guards were carrying a large box with a sword in it.  King Daltus spoke welcoming this years champion Vaati.
Something about this guy just did not sit right with me the moment I saw him.  He was dress in black (who does that) and was laughing maniacally.  Events were happening way to fast.  He shot some kind of magic ball at the chest destroying the shield and releasing all of these monsters.  He then was saying some strange things about Zelda.  I tried to protect here, I really did, but the shield was not enough.  Later did I find that she was turned to stone.

Day 2:
Morning:
This morning I woke with a fierce head ache.  It took me a while to remember what had happened.  I remembered the princess was turned to stone, my Zelda.  King Daltus then must me on the task to travel to the woods to meet the small things there to fix the sword.  Without being told twice I left immediately.  On the way to the woods I ran into some Octorok, and Acro-Bandits.

Afternoon:
It took half a day, but I finally made it to the Minish Woods.  This place was beyond creepy.  The trees were so high that they were blotting out the sun.  I could barely see ten feet in front of me.  I made my way through the woods fighting off a few more Octorok's.  All of a sudden I heard this slimmy sound and a green Chuchu popped up in front of me.  I took it out along with a few more.
The shrine was just in front of me before I heard a scream for help.  A ran towards the scream to save whoever was in danger.  The strangest thing happened next.  Some weird hat bird looking thing named Ezlo was being attacked by Octorok's.  I took them out and he joined me on my quest and eventually came to sit on my head.
I went back to the shrine and found a shiny stone.  It was a piece of heart.  I was too big to fit through the opening to the shrine so we headed back towards a stump that was glowing.  I jumped on it and Ezlo started singing and I started shrinking.  It was the strangest thing.
Then I found my way towards the Minish Village.  Here I talked to Festari about finding the Jabber Nut so I went and got that, and then talked to the Elder Gentari and needing to get four elements fused to the sword to fix it.  The first one was in the shrine in the woods.

Evening:
It was already beginning to be late so I needed to go to the shrine before the sun went down.  This was a great labyrinth.  I had never seen anything like this before.  I made my way through and solve these insane puzzles.  Who builds such things?  I got a new item, it is so sweet.  I am able to suck in air with it, I think I should name it the Gust Jar, that sounds fitting.  Of course to get it I had to beat a Madderpillar.  Some of the other monsters I ran into were Sluggula, Mulldozer, Puffstool, and Pesto.  I also found two more hear stones here.  The last room where the element was that I needed was not a very safe room.
There must have been a leak somewhere because a Green Chuchu came pouring in from the ceiling.  This was a normal size Chuchu, and when I say normal size I mean normal from when you are big.  So when you are small, this thing was ginormous.  I took out my gust jar and just went at him trying to suck its base out from under it.  Eventually I got enough and it toppled over.  I did this two more times and finally got rid of it.  After it disappeared a full heart stone and the element appeared.
Very exhausted I limped back to the village and found a bed.  I don't think I will make it through this journey, this is already being too much for me.  Hopefully tomorrow will be an easier day.  Right now I shall sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment