Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 3 of Borderlands 2 Loot Challenge

Today's challenge is to take down Captain Flynt.

Let me tell you, today's hunt was very arduous for me.  I bet it would have been way easier if I was playing with more people besides myself.  Remember yesterdays tale?  Well this is that tale, plus some more.

Captain Flynt is in the Southern Shelf, but not until the very end on top of the ship that somehow got on top of an ice shelf.  So I start in Liar's Berg thinking to myself that this is going to suck.  Boy was I correct.  I only died about 20 times while climbing.  I got a really nice break though.  Captain Flynt really likes to shoot at you before you get up to the ship, so I took advantage of this and got very lucky I would say.

I made it to the point just after when originally playing it the guys are beating the crap out of Claptrap.  I cleared this area and was wondering what was attacking me once everything was gone.  I looked up and saw Captain Flynt walking the edge of his ship.  I slagged him and started shooting at him, just because I could.  He then started to walk on the beams right above me head.  So I sent Deathtrap after him and what happened next I did not expect.  Deathtrap knocked Captain Flynt down to the lower lever.  I was astonished.  Since he was focus on Deathtrap I slagged him once again and started pouring rounds into him and he went to very fast.  I was so glad that I did not have to get up to the ship and do that fight.

I searched the loot that he dropped and got the gun, which I don't know if everyone else will get as crappy as one as I got, only 11% accuracy, especially for a shotgun.  Now for a shotgun if it is less that 50%, I tend to toss it, or sell it.  But since I need it for the community challenge I would have to make due.  But what do you know, the gun is at a high level than me.  It would take me forever to level up.  So I may or may not contribute to that goal, it is a good thing that I don't have to.  Community goal is killing 100k Badass Rakk, so I think I am good with not committing to that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment