Monday, October 14, 2013

My First 1.5 Hours of Pokemon Y



This afternoon I finally received my copy of Pokemon Y.  It took forever, but at least I was home to be here when the UPS man got here.  I peeled the plastic off, tossed that in the garbage, put my thumbs into the groove and pried it open.  The cartridge was not properly seated and it almost flew out.  I picked it up and went to my 3DS XL.  I took out Mario and Luigi Dream Team, and put that in its respective box, and placed this cartridge into the place it once was.

I then clicked on the icon and after it got thing ready this is what I was welcomed to.  This marvelous opening scene.  I pushed start and the started to play.  My character is a blonde haired blue eyed kid, pretty close to myself, and I named him none other than Chris.  Then I got to walk around, which at first felt a little weird, because we are talking fifteen years of using a d-pad, now I get to use a circle pad.  Maybe the main reason it felt weird is because it is not full 360 movement.  Well anyways on with the show.

I walked down the stairs, just to go right back up and look into the mirror.  The mirror is where you change clothes.  Now I haven't checked any other mirrors to see if I could change clothes just anywhere, but I would assume you could.  I then walked back down stairs and talked to my mother.  She just told me to get outside and start talking to my neighbors, because we just moved in.  So I walk out and am greeted by this nice girl Shauna, she tells me that her friends and I were invited to the plaza, no clue why me since I just moved there so how does the professor know of me already.  So I walk around, talk to the friendly Pokemon outside the house and talk to the neighbors.

So then I go to the plaza and am called over to a table.  This is where all of the cool kids hang out, there was Shauna and some other kids there.  Here I received the nickname Lil'l C, why they could't just call me Chris is beyond me since it is less work to say.  And we got to pick our Pokemon.  I of course, like every iteration I played before, picked the water starter Froakie.  No nickname for my Pokemon, I like to keep them named as they are.  Then there was some more talking, got my pokedex and a note to give to my Mom.

I then figured I'd try out this training thing that I have heard about, which probably explains why I did not get much done in the time I play.  So I did all of the training with Froakie; made him faster, stronger, more HP and such.  Kind of cool, but it sure takes a while.  After that I went home and gave the letter to Mom and headed on my way.

Once back into town I bough some potions and some pokeballs because how can you not start an adventure without these.  I then proceeded out of town and into the tall grass, I think of Jurassic Park every time, "Don't go into the tall grass".  And all of a sudden a Pidgey attacks me, little jerk.  So I showed him, I gave him the one-two and threw a pokeball and capture him.  Then I walked a little further to be introduced on how to catch a pokemon, ok too late on that.  Since they caught a Bunnelby I wanted one too, so I walked around that grass for a while and one showed up.  Need I say it, but I caught it.  Then I did a little more walking, ran into a Zigzagoon and also caught that.  Then the forest, always the dreaded forest with the poison freaks, but before that a very very easy battle.  Took this kid out in two hits.

So now I am in the forest, and am I grateful that one of my friends is nice enough to follow me around and heal my Pokemon whenever I want her to.  Did some more walking around ran into a Weedle and now he is in my arsenal.  Since I got poisoned and had my friend help me out.  Then I spent some time training all of my Pokemon, and now I got to continue playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment