Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 4 of Borderlands 2 Loot Challenge

Today's challenge is to take down Rouf, the fourth assassin in Southpaw Steam & Power.

Today's was a bit easier, and since I never finished the "Assassinate the Assassins" mission I killed two birds with one stone.  You know, the Assassins themselves are not that difficult to take down, it's just everything else to get to them that is difficult.  I took out all of the guys out front, and jumped onto a tank, and then more guys came out from the second part.  Then I was just surrounded by everything.  It took me a few times, but I finally got through.  Then I stepped close to the door, and it opened.  Dang an Ultimate Badass Psycho, this guy took me a good three tries to take down.  Then we finally got to the first assassin, and took him out in one try.
The next one took a few times too.  Had to take out his pals before I could start going at him, once I got them all taken care of on the second time I went after the assassin.  Some how he was able to ram into my Deathtrap and take him out just like that, so I though I was in trouble.  I slagged, shot and ran.  I continued this trend until he finally went down.
Then the third Assassin.  This one I felt was very easy to get to and more easy to take out.  I think I only died once while taking care of him.  I wasn't even planning on taking him out with a melee attack, but I figured I was able to do it.
Then we get to the fourth one.  I though with how the last one went that this one was going to be a breeze.  Boy was I wrong.  The moment I started shooting all hell broke loose.  Psychos started running at me, flaming and suicide ones, and I had Nomads everywhere.  I ran backwards into the room, hoping not all of them would follow, I was wrong again.  This tiny room had at least four different enemies at one time.  I took out my Deathtrap and had him do his thing while I was trying to stay alive.  I managed to make it through that group, so I stepped back up and it happened all over again, but this time I got stuck and a Psycho took me out.  This happened one more time before I finally took them all out.  I was hoping for a little bit of rest time before that dreaded door would open with the final assassin, but was not so lucky.  Out came Rouf and two of his buddies.  I managed to get one of his goons killed, and tried to work on him since he jumped up behind me and I failed.  When I responded I took out the other and went to work on Rouf.  Took out my Deathtrap and slagged, shot and ran.  Did that once or twice until I realized he was totally focus on my Deathtrap.  So I took out my Shotty and took him down.  I then picked up the gun and turned in the mission.

Today community goal seems even more intense than yesterdays.
Take out 1 million gun loaders.  I am sure it is easy enough, since there are a lot of loaders in this game, and you could probably just go to Eridium Bluffs and take the challenge and build up the kills.


No comments:

Post a Comment