Sunday, October 27, 2013

Running Around in Frost Cavern

I ran into the Pokecenter and rested up my Pokemon.  Bought some things at the Mart and got a Sitrus Berry and Mr. Bonding was here with Accuracy Power.  I then used a couple of Rare Candies to raise Goomy up to level 40 and have him evolve into Sliggoo.  Just outside of the Pokecenter is a Hex Maniac selling Moomoo Milk for 500 each.  There was also a Heal Ball hidden right in front of the Pokecenter.  Down south is the tunnel leading to Route 17.  I probably don't want to go that way yet.

So I worked my way around into that field and found an item ball with a Big Root and also a hidden Nugget just to the left of that.  That is not fair, that other person is able to fish of the bridge, but I can't.  In the house North of the field is a Move Deleter and a Move Reminder.  So you can get rid of moves and have them remember a different one as long as you have a Heart Scale.  Now outside going up the steps you are lead into some interesting architecture.  In the house up the right side is a man who will give you something if you have 70 or more Pokemon in your Mountain Region Pokedex.  Going left there was a hidden X Speed to the left of the house over there.  In the house on the south side of this area I got the move Facade from a kid that wears shorts regardless of the temp.

Going North we make our way to Frost Cavern.  Hiker Ross wants us to warm our bodies with some rigorous battling (don't think he needs to worry about warming up).  So first up was Vibrava.  I used Peck and then he was buffeted by the hail and fainted.  I then went over by the waterfall and used surf.  There was nothing hidden on the other side.  On the way back I ran into a Poliwhirl.  On the right side after crossing the bridge there was a Mamoswine acting very strangely.  Maybe something is wrong in the Frost Cavern.  I headed off to the right and was challenged to a Sky Battle with Sky Trainer Era and a Cryogona.  That is one strange looking Pokemon (even though there are more strange ones).  I took it out with a Flame Charge, so sad it was her first battle.  Heading to the left is Artist Slavador with Smeargle.  I used Peck and then Tackle to take him out.  Just North of him was a hidden X Sp. Def.  I wonder if I will be getting a move so I can travel on waterfalls shortly, since it looks like there is an item ball lower down and it looks like a waterfall is the only way down there.

I think my Dowsing Machine is on the fritz.  Before entering the Cavern it was picking something up to the left of the entrance would would not find it since I was ended by a short wall and the cliff.  Now I am in the Cavern (maybe it was picking up the hidden Ice Heal inside to the left).  Oh hey, a wild Jynx and it is all mine now.  Is it me or did Jynx become uglier?  In the main area was Ace Trainer Cordelia with Doublade.  I tried out Peck to no avail and then Flame Charge which worked much better.  One more Flame Charge and a Tackle and she was out.  Oh no, ice paths.  Heading up I ran into a Piloswine and caught it.  To the left is a hidden Dusk Ball and Ace Trainer Neil.  First up was Raichu so then I used fly in hopes he would not have Thunder and took him out.  Next up was Golduck so I switch out to Raichu and used Thunderbolt and took him out.  Last up was Marowak so I switched to Greninja and used Water Pulse to finish the fight.  Then I ran into a wild Beartic, after wasting two Ultra Balls and a Dusk Ball I finally caught it with a Timer Ball.

Since there were two sets of stairs to move on I decided to go with the right set.  Oh nice a wonderful ice sliding maze thing.  So I slid all the way across and found a hidden Ice Heal.  Once all the way right I slid down, right, down, left then up.  Here I had some snow to figure out where to go next.  I went around to the bottom and slide left to run into Hiker Delmon (looks just like Hiker Ross, I wonder if they are related).  First up was Relicanth, I switched to Raichu and used Thunderbolt to take him out.  Up next was Rhydon,  so I switched to Greninja and used Water Pulse to finish this.  I then went to the right portion of this island and slid up to find an item ball with Ice Heal.  Back on the little island I went to the left area, slid down then left to make it to a new area.  Here I took the North route first and once back on solid ground I ran into a horde of Cubchoo and managed to catch one.  Then I ran into Black Belt Alonzo with a Scrafty.  So I switched out to Greninja and took him out with Water Pulse.  Up next was Throh so I used Peck again him two times to take him out.  I then slid south and ran into Battle Girl Kinsey with Sawk.  I used the move Fly and took him out.  Next up was Mienshao, I used Peck then was taken out with Rock Slide.  So I switched to Raichu and used Quick Attack to finish the battle.  I then slid up the little bit for the two-on-two battle I missed with Brains and Brawn Eoin and Wolf with Hariyama and Grumpig.  I used Fly on Hariyama and Surf on both of them.  I took out Hariyama once Fly was done, and then used Pound to finish up with Grumpig.  Another ice path, yay.  I slid down in the left area and found a hidden Pearl.  Then I went left, slid down, right, down, walked left, slid up, the right to get an item ball with a Max Repel

After going down the stairs I found an item ball with a Hyper Potion.  Sweet, I got a nice little nap here.  Heading up towards the stairs I ran into Hiker Alain who clearly did not dress appropriately if he can't feel his toes.  First up was Graveler, so I switched to Greninja and used Water Pulse.  Next up was another Graveler, so again I used Water Pulse.  Last up was Carbink, so I used Water Pulse then finished with Pound.  I made my way up the stairs just behind him and found a hidden Super Potion.  I then made my way up the next set.

Ok, another ice maze puzzle.  First I went right, up, left and found an item ball with an Ether in it.  Then I had to go back right, down, left and down.  Then one in the entrance area I went up and ran into Black Belt Kenji with a Gurdurr.  I used Fly on this fool and took him out.  I then went right and ran into Hiker Brent with a Probopass.  I switched to Greninja and used Water Pulse two time to take him out.  I then went back to where the Black Belt was and went to the left area, I then went down, right, down, left then down to be challenged by Battle Girl Gabrielle with a Medicham.  I used Fly to take her out.  To the right and South I found an Item Ball with Zinc in it.  Now I made my way down another set of stairs and I see a yellow item ball.  This is the first time I know you could slide diagonally, found that out on accident.  So I made my way into the bottom right corner than slide diagonally up then straight down to get Frost Breath.  After a bit of slip and slidding I made my way back to the Black Belt and started to go North, here I ran into a Haunter and almost caught it with a Quick Ball, but then made it faint with Peck.

What is this?  Team Flare is in here, no wonder things were seeming odd to the Mamoswine.  What do they want with an Abomasnow?  Something to do with its potent energy because it is powerful.  Then I was challenged by a Grunt with Golbat up first.  So I switched to Raichu and used Thunderbolt.  So I switched to Blaziken and used Sky Uppercut to finish this little battle.  Before moving onto the next battle I found a hidden PP Up to the right.  Then I challenged Team Flare Mable with Houndoom.  Of course I Just switched to Greninja and used Water Pulse to take her out.  After that they just left.  I talked to Abomasnow and it gave me Abomasite.  What good is that if I can't have him?  Looks like I will have to find a Snover somewhere.  Before I leave I must see what was up those stairs that I did not go up.  A hidden Dire Hit was there.  Say, what happened to that lady with the Mamoswine?

Now that I am all done here where shall I go.  Should I see what I can find on Route 16, or take Route 17 to Anistar City.  Or both if time allows.

Find out next time as I travel the world of Kalos.
Don't forget to +1, follow and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment